Welcome
to our blog! We were finally able to come up with a blog name that
describes our lives perfectly: “Why Can’t We Have Everything?”
And
isn’t that the question that we all find ourselves asking on a daily
basis? We, as humans, specifically American humans, just feel the need
to have it all: the perfect body, the perfect mind, the perfect friends,
and the list goes on and on. So here we are to share with you our
journey to have everything in the hopes that you’ll join us and
experience the same success we hope to achieve.
This
blog will contain a smorgasbord of information about topics ranging
from fashion and beauty to computers and nerd culture to health and food
to general life as college students in the Midwest.
We
could just be those mysterious blog writers who you never actually find
out the identity of, but why? If all of you, our most fabulous readers,
are going to be spending moments of your precious time reading our
blog, then we feel it’s your right to get to know us a bit better. And
with that, here’s a little about ourselves, the writers, no, creators!
of this fantastic journey of Internet browsing.
About Angela:
Hello,
world! My name is Angela and I like long walks on the beach, nights by
the fireplace, and obviously making this “about me” sound like an
eHarmony profile intro. And while these things may be true (the walks on
the beach and the fireplace stuff), I don’t think that’s sufficient in
getting to know me.
First
and foremost, I enjoy the basics of life, also known as eating and
sleeping, probably more than anyone I know does (besides Kayla... pretty
sure she likes eating and sleeping as much as I do). I also enjoy
spending time with my wonderful family and ridiculously awesome friends.
My all time favorite activity, though, is laughing until my
non-existent abs hurt. What better way to attempt the creation of these
abs, right?
On
a slightly different note, I would definitely consider myself to be a
glutton for punishment and a bit of a perfectionist. As if college isn’t
hard enough, last semester, I felt the need to declare a double major.
And if this isn’t reason enough to pay attention in the summer Computer
Architecture lecture I’m sitting in right now, then there’s pretty much
no hope for my sanity when the night before the final rolls around, let
alone these next two years. I don’t know about you, but writing this
first blog post just seems better for my sanity than learning about
memory module organization (specifically, interleaved and wider memory,
if anyone’s wondering). I know I’m not. :)
I
know for a fact that I take on way way way too many things (as I start
to co-write a blog) and that I am too hard on myself when something
doesn’t go according to plan, but it’s a vice I’ve been working on.
Sure, it’d be easy to solve this problem, you may be thinking: just take
on less stuff; give stuff up; don’t spread yourself so thin. But
there’s just one little issue there: I want everything. I want to have
it all, to do everything I want to do now so that I don’t have regrets
later. And I guess that’s what this blog is really about: sharing the
triumphs and tribulations that come along with wanting to do it all and
figuring out how to maintain a life balance and really take advantage of
every moment of this awesome time period in our lives: the transition
to young adulthood and the real world.
About Kayla:
Hi!
I’m Kayla and if there is anyone who wants to have everything, it’s me.
I wish I could spend every day doing a little bit of everything. I
would love to start my school projects early, learn how to cook, have a
great workout, watch all of my favorite shows, spend time with my
friends and family, online shop, and create a new blog post every day! I
truly wish I could explore all of my interests, but as a college
student hoping to graduate in 4 years, that is just a little too
unrealistic. Instead, as some lesser goals, I will try to get along with
my roommates, get enough sleep, not cry during programming assignments,
and take a nap once in a while. My life goal is simple: to be happy.
-------
Life
is all about the journey. We believe that success is more than getting a
100% on every test, working as much as we can, and saving as much $$$
as we can. If there is something that you want to do, a goal that you
want to achieve, a place you want to go, then start working towards it
now. Take the plunge because there will almost never be “the perfect
time” to go on vacation or start a new hobby. That’s what we’re doing.
We
hope you’ll have as much fun reading and contributing ideas to this
blog as we have had writing it! Thanks for reading and feel free to
contact us anytime at whycantwehaveeverything@gmail.com! :D
Your good friends in the search for everything, Kayla & Angela


No comments:
Post a Comment