Saturday, November 2, 2013

Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine Intense - Review





Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine is a moisturizing, softening, leave-in hair oil. It is supposed to strengthen, protect, and smooth hair, making it 3 times less likely to break during styling.

Kayla's Take: 

Redken Diamond Oil is awesome. It leaves my hair silky soft and smelling amazing. In the wintertime, my hair gets extremely static-prone - sometimes I can even hear my hair crackle. I have been using this product almost daily to hydrate my ends and it does the trick! It makes my hair so shiny, so much more moveable, and it feels so healthy!


The applicator is cool, almost like a large eyedropper. Press down the button on the top of the bottle, unscrew the cap and put a few drops in your hands. I use about 5. Then run your fingers through your hair, use a brush, whatever. I have an oily scalp so I only use this on about half of my head. Something that I love is it feels like it soaks into my hair instead of coats it AND my hands don't feel particularly slippery after applying. Hooray for no residue!


I love the bottle - it reminds me of Lady Gaga's perfume, Fame. (Don't worry, the oil is not black.) The bottle is made of glass but is thick enough that it shouldn't break if dropped.

If you have tried argan oil before, try this! It is similar but contains olive, coconut, sunflower and jojoba oils instead. You will probably like it better - I did.

Technically, this is the Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine Intense. It is for coarser hair (which apparently I have) and there is also an original, not as intense version available as well. It is in an amber colored bottle.  

Kayla's Rating: 4.5/5
A new staple! It's now a part of my daily hair routine but it's definitely an investment. This is the first Redken product I've tried and so far I am impressed.

Get Some: Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine is available at select salons. I don't remember how much mine costs but it is a 3.4 fl oz size. I think it was around $40. I have been using it for about 3 months and I've used up about 1/10th of it so far. Don't worry about the size vs. price. A little goes a looooong way.

*This rave review is 100% NOT a sponsored post and all opinions are our own.*
--------------

We love (and we like to think our readers love) product reviews! Comment or email us at whycantwehaveeverything@gmail.com with the name of a product you'd like us to try out so we can justify some new beauty purchases! And help you guys out too, of course.

Hope you all had a fabulous Halloween!

Your main girls, Kayla & Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment