I've been wearing Bare Minerals foundation since I was in 8th grade and started sneaking my mom's makeup. Over the years since then, I have been pleased to see Bare Escentuals continually expand their line of products with makeup options ranging from blushes to lip glosses to eyeshadows to moisturizers and more.
This brings me to the Bare Escentuals READY Eyeshadow 4.0 collection, one of their latest and most popular releases. Each READY Eyeshadow comes in a palette with four colors that are all meant to compliment one another and that are able to be worn by themselves or as any combination of the four.
The palette I am reviewing today is called The Happy Place, a mixture of muted/understated neutral shades with a hint of shimmer and plum.
The Palette:
This brings me to the Bare Escentuals READY Eyeshadow 4.0 collection, one of their latest and most popular releases. Each READY Eyeshadow comes in a palette with four colors that are all meant to compliment one another and that are able to be worn by themselves or as any combination of the four.
-I'm READY... Are you?-
-Why hello!-
The palette I am reviewing today is called The Happy Place, a mixture of muted/understated neutral shades with a hint of shimmer and plum.
The Palette:
Top left - Peach * Top right - Imagine
Bottom left - Exhale * Bottom right - Euphoria
My Rating: 4.5/5
Get Some:
The Happy Place is part of Bare Escentuals' READY Eyeshadow 4.0 collection available now (but for a limited time). This palette can be found at places that normally carry the Bare Escentuals line of products- Bare Escentuals boutiques, Sephora, Ulta, QVC, Macy's, Nordstrom, and Dillard's.
Here is a list of all 454 locations around the US that sell Bare Escentuals:
http://www.bareescentuals.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BareEscentuals-Site/default/Stores-Find/C1288672394
The Happy Place palette goes for $30.00, but if you become a "FAB Friends and Benefits" member (by signing up online), and purchase enough Bare Escentuals products to earn email coupons, this price can diminish a bit.
How Angela Wore It:
Bare Escentuals is awesome enough to insert a small two-ended eye shadow applicator brush inside The Happy Place's compact, which is great for on-the-go touch-ups. However, I found it better to use a full-sized eye shadow brush when first applying the eye shadows. My personal favorite is Bare Escentuals' Wet/Dry Shadow Brush, not that I'm biased or anything. :)
Anyways, let's get down to business-- I started with an overall application of Peach on my entire eyelid and underneath my eyebrow, making sure to specifically highlight the corners of my eyes. My entire make-up wearing career, I've started with a basic application of a lighter, shimmery shade of eye shadow. That way, my eyes have a hint of a sparkle in a place where people might not necessarily expect.
I then applied Exhale onto my entire eyelid, concentrating on making the crease at the top of my eyeball pop. As this shadow is primarily a gray-ish color, be careful not to apply too much. For added drama, apply a bit of Exhale underneath your bottom lid, concentrating more heavily on the outer corner of your eye.
Afterwards, I brushed a small amount of Euphoria on the lower half of my eyelid, up to and including my top eyelash line. I only used a small amount of Euphoria because my skin is so light and sometimes dark shadows make me look raccoon-like, so, if you have darker skin, feel free to be more liberal about the amount of darker shadow you apply.
To top things off, I brushed Imagine all over my entire eyelid. If you want even more sparkle and drama, wet your eye shadow brush before dipping it in Imagine and then apply over your entire lid, concentrating more specifically on your upper lash line. Bare Escentuals calls this method of mixing a drop or two of water with their shadows "foiling". Foiling gives your eyes the look of glitz and glam without you having to go out and purchase a new shade of glittery eye shadow. Work with what you've got!
And finally, I dressed the look up with a little black eyeliner on the bottom lid only and added some mascara as a finishing touch. A mocha shade of eyeliner would also look fab!
Where to Wear:
I rocked The Happy Place for my outdoor engagement photo session this fall. It's wearable for any event, really. The Happy Place can dress up a casual day at the pumpkin patch with friends, would look classy for a job interview (I can also personally vouch for this one), and can be crazy romantic for that big date coming up. To me, it's the perfect way to bring a hint of class and couture to the lovely season of fall.
If You Like This, You’ll Also Like:
* The TruthI rocked The Happy Place for my outdoor engagement photo session this fall. It's wearable for any event, really. The Happy Place can dress up a casual day at the pumpkin patch with friends, would look classy for a job interview (I can also personally vouch for this one), and can be crazy romantic for that big date coming up. To me, it's the perfect way to bring a hint of class and couture to the lovely season of fall.
-Ready for engagement photos!-
* The Rare Find
If You Like This, But Want to Try Something Different:
* The Elements
* The A List
* The Dream Sequence
(All members of the Bare Escentuals READY Eyeshadow 4.0 collection)
-----------
We LOVE makeup (did we say LOVE? Because we do. Seriously.), so let us know of any makeup product you'd like us to try out so you don't have to spend your time and hard-earned money on a test run. Comment below, and thank you, lovely readers!
Your Makeup Affectionados in the Search for Everything, Kayla & Angela :)
We LOVE makeup (did we say LOVE? Because we do. Seriously.), so let us know of any makeup product you'd like us to try out so you don't have to spend your time and hard-earned money on a test run. Comment below, and thank you, lovely readers!
Your Makeup Affectionados in the Search for Everything, Kayla & Angela :)

No comments:
Post a Comment