Since I've already revealed to you my chronic dry skin issues (Creme de Corps Review), it really goes without saying that my sensitive skin can be easily pained by doing things such as shaving.
When I was younger, I couldn't shave without my skin getting extremely inflamed and itchy. While it's gotten better over time, I have still been on a personal endeavor to find some sort of natural skin treatment to use while or after shaving that would reduce the inflammation and leave me with actual smooth skin that lasts awhile.
So you know me-- I saw something on Pinterest and just had to try it:
http://highheelsandhandywork.blogspot.com/2012/07/silky-smooth-legs-sugar-scrub.htmlI did change the recipe and instructions up a bit so here's my own recommendation for the silkiest legs ever, even if you have incredibly sensitive skin like I do.
Ingredients (for one shaving session... this recipe can even be doubled or tripled if you like; I just tried one batch first to make sure I wasn't making a ton of something I didn't end up liking):
- 1/2 cup sugar (regular white, granulated)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (I used extra virgin)
- 1 splash pure vanilla extract (or more ;))
Instructions:
- Start shower or bath as normal.
- Let your legs soak/get wet for about 5 minutes.
- Take around 1/4 of the scrub and rub over each leg.
- The exfoliating particles (the sugar) in the scrub will cause dead skin to peel off, leaving your legs ready for a close shave.
- Shave each leg as normal.
- I still used my normal soap to shave with even after using the scrub.
- Evenly distribute the rest of the scrub onto each leg and give each a final mini spa treatment.
- Shave each leg again if desired.
- I'm not sure if this is 100% necessary, but it will make your legs just that much smoother for a longer time period.
- Continue showering/bathing as normal.
- Afterwards, pat-dry your legs (so as to prevent any irritation from the towel) and apply an unscented lotion to combat any potential redness from the exfoliation.
- Might I recommend Kiehl's Creme de Corps, whose review is here).
Overall, after giving myself this silky leg treatment I have raised my self-confidence in smooth skin while getting rid of the raised bumps on my legs. I highly recommend this sugar scrub to anyone looking for a natural way to bring a spa treatment right into his/her own bathroom and to others, like myself, who experience the issues that come with having sensitive skin.
Now to head to the store to get the rest of the ingredients to make the cookies I now have my heart set on... I think I'll wear shorts and show off my Venus-razor-commercial-worthy legs. :)
-------------------------------
Let us know if you see any DIY spa treatment, diet, or craft on Pinterest that you want to know more about... We'll do the work for you and let you know how it goes!
Best Wishes and Smooth Legs, Angela :)

No comments:
Post a Comment